Monday, February 17, 2014

Jane Austen Society Regency Romance Ball

 Saturday, February 15, I was fortunate to attend the Regency Ball. It was as amazing as I thought it would be. I had so much fun. A large part of it due to the great people I went with including one of my good friends and dance partner from High School, Jenny Christensen. The guys in high school did not know how to dance or those who did were few and far between so we used to dance together. My favorite was the swing. It seemed appropriate that we were reunited for the Ball so we could be dance partners again.

I really had a blast learning the dances from the Regency Era. And I didn't mind at all being the gentleman all night. I have to say we made quite the pair and picked up on the dances pretty quickly. It just made it so fun.

 After an hour and a half of dancing we worked up quite an appetite. They a yummy dinner for us. When you first arrive they give you a name card and you reserve your seat at one of the tables around the room.
This was the dessert we had, ice cream and berries. Delicious! By the time I got mine it was melted a bit but that is how I like my ice cream.
 Here we are eating our dinner. This is my brother-in-law Scott, my sister Karen, their son-in-law Jon, and daughter Julia.
 My nephew Jon and his wife Sarah and my sister LeAnne.
Here are the women in our group. Look at all those pretty ladies and dresses!
 This is the Ballroom while we were all eating dinner. The tables were on the raised areas around the side of the room. The Ball was at the Masonic Temple in Salt Lake City.
 The quartet that played during portions of the ball.
 This was during the costume contest portion of the ball. There were so many lovely costumes so I took lots of pictures.
 I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures of the costumes as much as I do. 
I was not only impressed with the dresses but them men looked very sharp as well.


 I love this gold dress. And the lady reminded me of someone I know.


 Here are some pictures of the dances we did. Such fun. It's too bad we don't do that kind of dancing anymore.






 This is Blair. I met her at the Ball. That is on thing I love about their dances is that you meet people and she is one I met. I loved her dress and she was so funny!

 This is the herald who announces everyone when they enter the Ball. I loved his costume!

 They occasionally threw in a Waltz (so scandalous, I know) as a break from the other dances. It is shocking how the dances can be tiring though they seem so simple. 

I had such a wonderful time at the Ball. I am so glad it worked out for me to attend the Ball. If you get a chance to go I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment