Sunday, February 14, 2016

Cruise fun and Cozumel, Mexico

The last week of January my family went on a cruise. It was amazing and so much fun. Here are the pictures from the day we left and through the first port of call. Warning: Due to the nature of my singlehood the following images may contain a large number of selfies. 

We left on Sunday from New Orleans, Louisiana. This is the view of the back of the boat while we were still in NOLA.
 My brother's family was able to upgrade their room to a suite with a balcony which was so nice. This is the room I was going to stay in but we did a switch-a-roo so all the boys could stay together and the girls could be together. 
 From the private balcony looking into the suite. I loved sitting on that balcony and looking out over the water!
 This is looking at New Orleans from the boat before we left on Sunday.
 As we left the port. We were parked or docked right behind the other cruise ship. As we were turning around and heading down the Mississippi River. I learned later that it takes the cruise ship 8 hours to exit the Mississippi River from NOLA. 
 The first night of the cruise we got a bull dog towel animal. 
 Monday we were at sea so we spent the day running around the ship and eating a lot of super yummy food. Tuesday we arrived in Cozumel, Mexico. We were docked right next to a Disney cruise ship. 
 This picture is my first steps off the boat in another country. Prior to this I had only ever gone to Niagara Falls on the Canada side. "Yay! I'm in another country!" 
 I have some friends who are Mexican but they have never visited Mexico, so they requested that I take a lot of pictures of Mexico so they could see it. This was one that I took for them.
 This was my first ever taxi ride. This is my sister and her family.
My brother told us about a great beach in Cozumel so that is where we headed.
  Isn't it so beautiful?! I loved all the Palm Trees so close to the water. They also had hammocks on the beach where you could swing and look out at the water.
 I ate chicken quesadillas on the beach in Mexico and boy were they delicious! Looking at the picture makes me want more.
 I was amazed that there were no waves. Every beach I have been to has waves crashing on the beach. 
 There was also a pool right next to the beach because the beach was not the best for swimming. The bottom was very rough with lots of rocks which hurt to walk on but I did swim in the ocean.
 You can see the ocean just beyond the trees in the back ground. It was such a beautiful place!

 On the way in at Paradise Beach. I love that you can see the hut in the reflection in my sunglasses.
 I thought it was funny to see the line of taxis on the road back to the boat. Everyone was getting ready to get back on board.
 I think these are faces of exhaustion after a fun day swimming.
 As we pulled out of Cozumel. Having never gone on a cruise I thought it was super cool to watch us pull away from the pier. We went out completely parallel to the other ship and pier. I didn't know that cruise ships could move like that. And look at the color of that water. Just gorgeous.
 That night we got an Elephant towel animal.


No comments:

Post a Comment